Watching Rachel Grow

Friday, August 24, 2007

3rd Day in HongKong/Kowloon

Hello everyone,

The flight was long - but we slept most of the way. Then when we arrived to Hotel it was 9:00 pm HK time - so off to bed for more sleep. Yesterday we walked, walked, walked, and walked...............did I mention that we walked? Dad spent most of his time reading guide book - lots of photos to be posted and scrapbooked of Dad reading guidebook. Men do not multi task - they read maps and walk right by signs that tell us where to go. Have my tennies on today - AHHHHH! Wore sandals yesterday - but "4th lil piggy who had none" on left foot (not that any of you care) is very rubbed and blistered. Ate Dim Sum last night - slightly fishy to moi. Hotel is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous here in Kowloon and every morning I sit in front of the large room width window that overlooks the harbor and stares directly at the city skyline of Hong Kong. A patient told me last week that New Yorkers are humbled by Hong Kong - not that this Arkie would know - but I'm freaken impressed!

The shopping here would make my friends pee on themselves. Racquel & Laura - R&R and True Religion jeans for $30-40. And no they won't fit for me to even pack back home :( We have found a little cafe that we love and Tim is having problems galore w/ his work Dell. He is very unhappy that he cannot ck his work emails and specifically requested a wireless network card for China. Not happy Daddy at all!!! I do miss my chatty Kathy Laura and her phone calls to me all day - and my Saturday's w/ my Racquel and all my "other family". To my Birth family - we can't wait to hold and see our daughter and your niece, granddaughter, cousin. Every little girl we pass - we almost trip over each other staring back at her.

Gotta go back to room and get ready for tour. Only three more days. I have so many jets flying around in my tummy just aching to hold my Rachel. Okay......now tears - gotta go!

Love to all,

Kimberly (Mom)

Approx 8:30 am Hong Kong time

1 comment:

TaiwanMommy said...

I just got back from vacation in Lake Tahoe, and tomorrow I am flying down to LA for the weekend.. but in the midst of this I thought "Oh my gosh!! Where is my Kimmy? IN CHINA???" Oh my! I got so excited that I stubbed my toe looking for the powercord for my computer so I could see if I'd missed anything! Do tell, what day/time will Rachel be joinging her parents (in CA time-zone, please?) I want to be sure to send up some prayers and love for you all!

I miss you.. come home soon.. and bring my neice with you! This Fairy Godmother has some smoochin' to do on that little face.. and Kyra, Harper and Taelor can't wait to teach Rachel some American style mischief! :)

xoxoox
Val