Watching Rachel Grow

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Very Happy Family - Finally United!!

Hello to all,

Well I tried to post the photos in the order in which we began and ended our day - but I'm not a blogspot professional "yet". Words can't express how nervous we were this morning. You could hear a pin drop on the bus ride to the Civil Affairs office where the families got to meet our babies for the very first time after years of waiting. Dad did a repeat of the day we went to Pasadena to see her (Rachel's)photo for the first time - he was impatient, nervous, and irritable. Then as we waited on that door to open and our daughter's name "Gang Qiu Gu" to be called out - Dad (Ba Ba in Cantonese) lost it. I looked beside me and my gentle but stoic giant was crying. I was nervous but actually doing pretty good until that moment. I then wanted to run over to that double door and throw it open and run in and grab my daughter!! We didn't have to wait long. Soon out came the women w/ our babies. One by one...................................then out she came. Our Rachel was handed to me and I took her very gently and cautiously as to not scare her w/ my hysterics and tornado of emotions that were just under my shirt and heart pounding so closely underneath. She clutched me very tightly and wouldn't let go. She looked very guarded but not afraid. Ba Ba scared her a little because she has most likely not seen too many men and especially not one as big as Tim or w/ facial hair. But - she did take to him soon after a little outburst of understandable emotion. She readily wanted me (which words can't express how my heart filled up over this) and reached out for me to hold her.

We filled out papers, papers and more papers and then it was back onto the bus and back to our temporary home here at the Victory Hotel in GZ. I know that the photos are out of order - but you can most likely put the puzzle together of events and their timeline. Mom and daughter fell asleep on the couch and Dad just sat and stared sitting across the room. I placed her in her crib and she slept for over an hour. I sponge bathed her as to not scare her w/ a bath and now she smells so sweet and like baby lotion and has on her new PJ's (pink of course) and even a tiny hair bow in her very still short hair.

She's eaten and has a good appetite. First meal was Gerber's Chicken and vegetables and for dessert was applesauce. She finally took her bottle given to her by her Ba Ba. Dad put on some Bob Marley and danced/rocked her gently to sleep and he placed her gently back into her crib which is at the foot of our bed for now. Hopefully she will stay there for the entire night - if not - guess where she'll end up :) Ba Ba and Mama are in love.

We have a very early and filled day tomorrow w/ legal this and that and errands and appointments to attend. We will try to personally contact who we can first time we get our phone cards for China.

Good night and God Bless (we are so blessed already),

Kimberly and Tim and Baby Rachel

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kimberly & Tim on your precious Rachel! She is such a cutie! I have been following your journey and just cried when reading about your family being united. It's been about 9 months since we were united with our Mylee in Guangzhou and reading your post brought back such wonderful memories! I look forward to continuing to follow your journey. Enjoy every minute, it goes by way too fast!

Valorie
Fellow Heartsent Mom :0)

Laura said...

WOW...

I have been trying to type you a message - but wet hands are hard to type with .. wink wink

There are not words today... you guys look so perfect.. and beautiful... and happy.... my heart is filled and my day complete....

get home safe and I will see you soon..

all my love auntie

les and sarah said...

You look great! Tim, I cried too! So, don't let anyone tease you about it.

You are both so organized with your blog.....I am envious.

God blessed you so much! Take a breath and relax. He led you through the wait!

Judy said...

Photos of you, Tim, and Rachel said it all. So happy for you guys.

Hope everything went well with the legal stuff today. Safe journey home.

Judy

Dr. B's Office said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
We are so happy for the THREE of you!! We have been keeping the patients waiting while we all squeezed into Dr.B's office to read your letter and admire the photos!! Lisa had tears and we all got goose bumps!! We miss you and all of your patients have been asking about you!! We got the newspaper for you today!! Keep up with the pictures we love to see them!!
The Staff at Dr.B's

Aunt Pam said...

Kim & Tim,
I am so proud for you guys. I can not hardly type this note to you I can't see the keyboard. Your little girl is so beautiful. I fill like my heart is going to burst,it is filled with so much joy for you guys. I can't wait to see all of you at Christmas.
Love you,
Aunt Pam

Aunt Pam said...

Kim & Tim,
I am so proud for you!! I can't hardly type this because I can't see the keys on the keyboard. All I know is that I Love You guys and I am so happy for you. I can't wait to get to see you and your little girl. She is just beautiful. My heart feels like it is going burst it is so full of joy for you and Tim.

Love you,
Pam

Okla Wood said...

Congratulations, Kim and Tim,
God works in his time, not ours,
but the wait has been worth it,
hasn't it? She is just gorgeous,
precious, beautiful, and seems
to have bonded with Mommy and Daddy
so well already. I have been teary
eyed all day. At school today everyone was so excited. Lots of tears. Poppa and GrandMomma Burnett have almost popped the
buttons off of their clothes with
so much love and pride. I know
that you two are going to be wonderful loving parents with no
love unshared. God is good, and
you all are in my prayers daily.
I can hardly wait to see her, love
her, snuggle her, hug her, kiss her, and just let her know that
she is so loved.
I love you guys so much and have
truly enjoyed sharing this wonderful journey with you.
Love,
Aunt Okla

Tinabambna said...

Kim & Tim & Baby Rachel:

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. Just reading everyone's comments shows how much your family is loved and cared for.

You and Rachel are set as my desktop on my cell phone so that all can see.

Can't wait to see all soon.
-Tina
P.S.: Don't forget the squeaky shoes..ha.