Watching Rachel Grow

Sunday, August 26, 2007

I am soooooooo nervous/anxious/excited!!

Good Morning,

Dad is still in bed and it is 6:40 am here and I woke up at 6:00 am. Don't have to be at airport til 1:00 pm - but I can't wait or barely sleep. The room is very quiet here and all I can hear is the sound of Tim's gentle breathing and the harbor humming outside my window. But - inside my head and heart - the sound is deafening! So many emotions today. Going to Guangzhou to meet w/ Chris (our guide) and to get all details and then to meet my daughter tomorrow. There will never be another today nor will there ever be a tomorrow again in the history of Mr. & Mrs. Burnett's lives. Tears of joy, fear, and anticipation are rolling down my freshly applied makeup and over my top lip. Must stop on this blog - or I will never make it today. Will blog more later.

Mom

6:49 am Hong Kong time

1 comment:

Judy said...

You are almost there!!!! It won't be long now till Rachel is in your arms. my tears are rolling down with yours. Take a deep breath and enjoy this forgetable moment.