Watching Rachel Grow

Thursday, August 30, 2007






We like to slurp on Mom's jewelry. I bought a jade disc on a red string - very symbolic and for meant to represent good long life and happiness (something like that) and to hand down to her when she's older and she sucks it in and out like a lifesaver. She's very gentle (so far) and doesn't yank or bite - just gently explores and looks up for my approval. Here in this pic - she's sleepy and is sucking on my earring. I have the giggles.
Dad has it made in here at Starbucks (tonight). Earlier today during Daddy morning - he said Rachel through a hissy fit and a young attendant ran over and tried to offer her a sucker to calm her down - he opted to just make a quick exit. Tonight Mama has her and even tho she's tired and slightly whiny - Dad can sit back and drink his latte and just view :)
We just had a very loooooooong cry to be held - which Mom was having none of while she tidied up the room (quickly) and got her things ready for her sponge bath, clean diapie w/ not so loved application of boudreaux's butt paste (slightly rashy - so humid here), hair washed, rubbed down w/ baby lotion, and boogies picked. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!!!! Afterwards - I put on some warm chenille socks, her onesie, swaddled her in one of her blankies and rocked her and in less than two seconds - princess Rachel was OUT! Thank you Jesus!
She's adorable but even cuter when she's not awake :D

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi guys...

I hope you have found a little "Tim and Kim" time while away - to step back and enjoy....

Love the BLOG

xo
auntie...

TaiwanMommy said...

Hi Kimmy-

I doubt you can read these comments considering CHina lovesto control everything.. but.. I laughed at Rachel sucking your earring that's make me giggle too.. but the poor thing probably really NEEDS to suck. I'm sure you know how important that is for little ones, but Rachel has probably been denied that pleasure her whole life. Can you get her a binky? Some teething toys? (Do they sell Gerber? I'd be terrified of any Chinese made toys) poor little pumpkin must need that suckling pretty bad.. have you thought of breastfeeding? Did you know you can do that?

I'm following your journey closely. We're so happy for you!

love,
FGMAV