Watching Rachel Grow

Friday, August 31, 2007

One of the toughest nights for Mama and Baba


Tonight there are simply not too many photos to post. We were going to head out for a shopping stroll and I had the bijorn all ready to load Rachel in and Daddy said "no". She has not gone to him in over two days now and even cries when he or ANYONE even looks at her. To say that she has bonded w/ Mama is an understatement. I can't even take a pee without her going w/ me or screaming and then she sees the tub and cries more - no like baths! So, I allowed Tim to try to comfort her and we had both hoped that she would calm down in a short time and wear down from her crying. Instead - she pushed him in his arms away with her legs and swat at him all while screaming bloody murder. I was okay until she saw me pass and started saying Mama Mama Mamamamamama.................................... I lost it. I went into the bathroom and broke down. I wanted so bad to run in and take her in my arms and kiss all of her tears off of her sweets cheeks and from the corners of those exotic eyes - but I stayed strong and didn't. I asked him to change her when she calmed down some and give her her bottle for dinner and rock her in the bed. She stopped crying. Mom had not. I decided to take a hot bath and take a walk and do some retail therapy. When I returned I heard Sade in the background that Baba had put on from is Media player and she was asleep in his arms. Whew!! What a rough night. If you look close you can even see fresh spit up from bottle on his right shoulder :( Needless to say - we never went out and ate instant soup and called it a day. As Scarlet says: Tomorrow is another day. We've decided to allow Baba to awaken and feed her and take her to meet me at Tai Chi practice in the parks every morning until we leave for bonding time. I hope this will do the trick. He will just have to be very prepared and speedy :)


Goodmorning and Goodnight,


Mom :( GZ time = 9:35 pm

2 comments:

Tinabambna said...

Sissy:

What a great pix of Tim & Rachel. I remember those days all to well with Anna & Weston. Seems like yesterday that Anna would go to your house and stay the night and even poop on your floor. Only now it's a little different since Rachel will be yours forever. Hang in there, because over time things get a lot easier (I think).

I love you all,
Tina (aka Aunt Tina)

Dr. B's Office said...

Kimi
That must of been so hard! You did the right thing by going into the bathroom. You are such a strong person, Rachel is so lucky!!Tell Tim to hang in there she will get over it real soon, I'm sure of it!! He has patients of gold!! we have all of you in our prayers still!! Keep up with the retail therapy I am also REALLY sure that will help!! Rachel looks like a post child for a calender or sale ad with that hat on!!
Miss ya
Lisa Louise